Solange Knowles proudly defends her afro after critics call her natural hair 'unkempt' and 'dry as heck'

 Solange Knowles has been forced to defend her natural afro hair after it was slammed by critics who called it 'unkempt' and 'dry as heck'.
The 25-year-old singer, who chopped her long hair off in 2009, attracted several negative comments on a recent online interview about her haircare secrets.
Some had said they were unimpressed with her hair style which was originally crafted by the singer in an attempt to feel liberated rather than shackled by her locks, as many women with unruly hair do.


 The singer took to her Twitter page last week to defend her hair style, which some critics also claimed was a deliberate attempt to differentiate herself from older sister Beyonce.
One person had posted: 'Sure, it's 'natural', but when homeless becomes a look, I don't want nuttin [sic] ta [sic] do wit [sic] it!'
She posted on June 7: 'I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons....I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me'.
'I've never painted myself as a team natural vice president,' she wrote. 'I don't know the lingo and I don't sleep with a satin cap'.
She continued: 'Look, all I'm saying is. My hair is not very important to me....so i don't encourage it to be important to you'.
She had said in the interview with Essence magazine, which attracted comments when it was published on Curlynikki.com: 'I actually love my natural hair when it's in a twist out and it's been slept on for five days and revived by the steam of the shower.'
The stylish singer's hair certainly cuts a different silhouette to that of her 30-year-old mega star sister.

               WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LOOK??

                                                      LOOK OF THE DAY


Comments