'It's time': Christina Aguilera reveals she would like lunch with her estranged father... who she last saw in 1999


She last saw her father in 1999 but Christina Aguilera has revealed she wants to meet up with him.
The singer, 31, who has said she was physically and emotionally abused by her father Fausto has suggested they might be able to rebuild their relationship.
In an interview with Latina magazine she said: ‘I've talked about how rough things were for me and I'm sure he's heard it.  He can't be thrilled about it.  So maybe one day we can do lunch ... I'm 31 years old now.  Maybe it's time.’
 In 2009 in an interview with E! Christina said she witnessed a lot of ‘unpleasant things’ while growing up.
She said: 'Growing up I did not feel safe. Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. 'I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from.'
Christina’s father has denied allegations he abused Christina and her sister Rachel.
In 2002 the Army Sergeant said: 'My relationship with her mother was tense and I wasn't perfect. But I love Christina and her sister Rachel.
'I never abused them in any way and they know that.
'Shelly and I disagreed on a lot of things and we both had hot tempers.
'I'm sorry to have ever raised a hand to my wife, but it was never brutal like Ike and Tina Turner.'
In the interview with the new issue of the magazine Christina also speaks out about marrying Jordan Bratman in 2005, and their subsequent divorce. 
 The mother-of-one said: ‘Was I too young?  Not at all.  I did the exact right thing at the time. .I definitely wasn't too young.  I have always been older than my age.’
Christina, who has a four-year-old son with Bratman, is experiencing a new level of popularity as a judge on The Voice.
And it has recently been reported that the singer, who found fame as a Mouseketeer aged just 13, has just resigned for a third season on the show.
Christina is said to have commanded a fee of $10million, according to TheWrap.com.
Speaking about the third series a show insider told the website: ‘We're really pleased with the entire cast. You look at the ratings and it's no accident.’
The second series of the show, which aired after the Super Bowl on Sunday saw Christina meet a contestant who also used to be a Mouseketeer on the Mickey Mouse Club.

                              How to... steal Angelina Jolie's lace look;
If diamonds are a girl’s best friend, lace comes in a close second.
It’s a fabric that adds instant femininity, romance and interest.
It requires delicacy and elegance to pull off. As Coco Chanel once said: ‘I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations ever made of the fantasy of nature.’
This season designers agreed, with Louis Vuitton showing dresses, skirts and shirts in the palest of lacey yellows, pinks and creams. Dolce & Gabbana opted for sophisticated black lace eveningwear and Valentino even sent models down the catwalk in lace espadrilles.
 Always one to be discreetly on-trend, Angelina Jolie arrived at The Producers Guild of America Awards sizzling in a black lace dress by Michael Kors.
You don’t have to be a screen siren to work a lace dress as the fabric can look sexy or sweet, depending on how it’s styled.
Try long-sleeved options from Pied a Terre or Littlewoods for a demure, but grown-up looks. Marks & Spencer has bold tea dresses that combine lace with pleats for a whimsical feel or look to Great Plains for a sultry cocktail number.





Comments